Inside: How to create your perfect room with pink bedroom decor
Your bedroom should be your oasis, your personal getaway where you can relax and unwind after a long day at work. It’s important to have the right combination of colors and furniture that helps you achieve this goal, and pink is one of those colors that can make all the difference in your bedroom’s atmosphere.
Although often considered a “girly” color, I actually think it is one of the most soothing colors, especially when used in softer shades. Pink can be used to create a bedroom that is both comfortable and stylish for everyone who sleeps there.
Whether you want a romantic vibe or something more modern and minimalistic or a mix of both, like I did here… these tips will help you create a perfectly pink bedroom that reflects your unique style.
Grab your favorite shade of pink paint and get started!
How to Create Your Perfect Room with Pink Bedroom Decor
Below I have 6 tips that will help you achieve the pink bedroom of your dreams. Everyone has their own unique style, so I made sure that these tips left room for you to put much personality into it as you like. This is so exciting!
1. Pick the Right Accent Colors
When it comes to pink bedroom decor, accent colors can make a big difference. The right accents can add a touch of style and personality, while the wrong ones can be an eyesore.
Here are a few tips for choosing the right accent colors for your pink bedroom:
- Consider the overall tone of your room. If you want a more playful look, try brighter shades of pink or even white. For a more sophisticated look, opt for darker shades of pink or even red.
- Think about the other colors in your room. What colors are in your bedding, curtains, and furniture? You’ll want to choose accent colors that complement these hues. I love the darker bed pillows we have on the bed which work to quiet some of the pink hues around.
- Take into account the amount of light in your room. Add in fun lighting while where you can, like this pink pendant I used. You can get away with bolder accent colors if you have a lot of natural light. But if your room is on the dark side, stick to softer hues.
Don’t be afraid to experiment! The best way to find the perfect accent colors for your pink bedroom is to play around with different shades until you find the ones that work best for you.
2. Pink Bedroom Decor: Add Pink Wallpaper
No matter what your design style may be, there’s no denying that a pop of pink can add some serious personality to a space. And while you may not want to commit to an entire room full of the hue, adding it in small doses is a great way to experiment with the color without going too overboard.
One simple way to do this is by incorporating pink wallpaper into your bedroom decor. Whether you use it as an accent wall or a playful pattern throughout the room, pink wallpaper is a fun and easy way to add some extra oomph to your space. And if you’re worried about the wallpaper looking too juvenile, rest assured that plenty of sophisticated designs out there will fit right in with your adult-sized taste.
So go ahead and give pink a try—your walls will thank you for it.
3. Pillow Talk – Add Patterned Pillows
Whether you’re hoping to add a pop of color or simply want a comfortable place to rest your head, adding patterned pillows to your bedroom decor is a great way to do it. Pillows are an easy way to change up the look of any room, and they can be found in a wide variety of colors, patterns, and materials.
When it comes to pink bedroom decor, patterned pillows are a great way to add interest and texture. From delicate florals to bold geometric patterns, there’s sure to be a pillow that will fit your style. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to update your bedroom decor, consider adding some patterned pillows.
4. Add Curtains With Contrast Lace or Embroidery
While many people believe that pink is a delicate color, it can actually be quite versatile. When it comes to decorating your bedroom in pink, one of the best ways to add interest is by incorporating contrast. Laced or embroidered curtains are a great way to add visual interest and contrast to the room.
Pink bedrooms often have a very romantic vibe, and adding lace or embroidery can help to enhance this feeling. In addition, these details can also help to soften the look of the room and make it feel more inviting. When choosing curtains for your bedroom, be sure to select ones that complement the overall style of the space both with color and texture. I adore these velvet ones we’ve used all over the house from Amazon.
5. Different Fabrics and Patterns for Different Pieces
When it comes to choosing fabrics and patterns for bedroom decor, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Consider the overall style of the room. If it is a romantic space, delicate lace fabrics might be ideal. For a more playful look, bold prints and colorful patterns can be used.
- Think about the function of the item. Sheer curtains might be perfect for a window treatment, but a heavier fabric would be better suited for upholstered furniture.
- Pay attention to the scale of the pattern. Small prints can help make a space feel more open, while large patterns can have a dramatic impact.
By taking these factors into account, you can select the perfect fabric and pattern for any piece of your bedroom decor.
6. Try Vintage Rugs in Different Shades
When decorating a bedroom in pink, one option is to use vintage rugs in different shades. This can create a patchwork effect that is both unique and stylish. Pink is also a versatile color, so it can be combined with other colors to create a variety of looks. For example, pale pink rugs can be used with white walls and bedding to create a delicate and romantic look. Or, try using brighter shades of pink with green or blue accents for a more energetic feel.
Regardless of the style you’re going for, vintage rugs in different shades of pink are a great way to add personality and character to any space.
Pink Bedroom Decor: Wrapping up
So, we’ve talked about all things pink and how to decorate your bedroom in the perfect shade of pink.
Whether you’re looking for a soft and subtle blush tone or something stronger with more pop, these tips will help you customize your space without a full renovation.
And don’t forget, accessories are key! A few well-placed accents can pull everything together and make your room feel like home.
So what are you waiting for? I’d recommend a pink bedroom everyday… why not!?